Resources for Finding New Remote Work Opportunities Amid COVID-19
If you’ve built a career working from home, you may be scrambling to find new remote work opportunities if you’ve lost your job due to COVID-19. While it’s certainly frightening to be out of work during this time of global uncertainty, you’ll be more likely to find what you’re looking for if you know where to focus your search. The following resources will help you to do just that!
Think About What You’re Looking for in a Career
If you’ve lost your work-from-home job during the pandemic, you’re in a unique position to take a step back and reevaluate your career goals. If you’re ready to turn your passions into a career or create a plan for starting your own home-based business, now is the time to do it.
- Choose the right career for you by completing these eight steps from the Balance.
- Start your own business, whether it’s a home delivery service or hobby-based business.
- Explore some of the best work-from-home jobs for moms. A few ideas include starting your own cake business, selling items on eBay, and getting started on that children’s book you’ve always wanted to write.
- Find out which jobs are most in-demand amid COVID-19.
How to Find Remote Work During COVID-19
Now that you know what you’re looking for in a career, it’s time to start searching for your ideal work-from-home job!
- Start by reviewing this resource guide on finding remote work opportunities. A few places to look for remote work opportunities include FlexJobs and Freelancer.com.
- Match your skills to the right company by getting started with Abodoo.
- Search for high-paying freelance work by creating a profile on Upwork.
- Learn everything there is to know about job hunting in the age of COVID-19. This will help you to understand your rights as a job seeker and prepare for interviews.
Set Yourself up for Ongoing Success
To thrive and succeed as a remote worker in the age of COVID-19, even if you’ve been working from home for years, it’s important to utilize this extra time on your hands and make some positive changes to your workspace and communication habits.
- Create a workspace that fits your lifestyle, boosts productivity, and motivates you to achieve your professional goals.
- Set yourself up for remote work success by reducing distractions and working when you’re feeling the most productive.
- Learn how to improve your communication and collaboration in the remote work age.
- Practice self-care while working remotely. Exercise during your lunch break, call a friend or family member for a midday chat, and enjoy a creative activity that calms you.
You may be out of work at the moment, but you won’t be for long if you keep these tips and resources in mind as you search for new opportunities amid COVID-19. Before jumping into something new, however, be sure to think long and hard about what you’re looking for in a work-from-home career. Not only will this make you a whole lot more productive in your work, but you’ll live a happier, more fulfilling life.