Happy International Coworking Day From Abodoo
Yes it’s a real thing! International Coworking Day (#InternationalCoworkingDay for all you # tag lovers) originated in the United States and this year Abodoo are bringing it to Europe (well Ireland and the UK first)!
On this day across the world, coworking operators will celebrate the benefits of coworking for employees, companies, startups, freelancers and contractors. For those of you who are curious about what exactly we mean by coworking, it is a style of work that involves a shared workplace and independent activity. Unlike in a typical office, those coworking are usually not employed by the same organisation (but some can have multiple colleagues in one location).
To celebrate this, various coworking operators are celebrating the entire week by throwing parties and offering free work spaces. Well hello there…. 🙂
We love this idea and concept as at Abodoo, we too use co-working spaces a lot! We rent out meeting rooms, desk spaces and booths within a coworking space where we can perform our daily tasks. We have access to a kitchen area, so we can prepare lunches, have the chats, make a cuppa, eat sweets and most importantly, load up on free coffee!
Here are just some of the ways that make co-working a great way work:
- Create an Amazing Network: Coworking spaces will boost your network and in turn connect you with the most relevant people for your business. From potential clients and suppliers to business partners, you are guaranteed to meet talented and like-minded people to add to your network. Work the Irish charm, you will be inspired 🙂
- Improving Your Social Life: The major concern of leaving a 9-to-5 job is missing out on meeting new friends and leaving old ones, like Mary from two desks down who falls asleep on her keyboard every so often. Jobs provide us with new friends and coworking spaces in particular allow you to fill in the gaps and make new friends with a diverse range of people.
- Education Opportunities and Networking Events: Most coworking spaces organise quirky events in order to increase revenue and attract new clientele. As a coworking member, you will have easy access to interesting events and fantastic education opportunities ranging from lectures about entrepreneurship and startups to yoga sessions and beer on tap!
- Comfort is Key: Did we already mention free coffee? I think we did, but just to reiterate: free coffee! You save money in this type of working environment, because unlike a café where your small costs add up without you noticing, a coworking space lets you know what you will pay upfront, so you can work out your costings for the day to factor in lunch spending. Coworking spaces usually offer lockers as well, which gives you another place to store your possessions safely should you need to pop in and out of the office.
- Travel the World: Once you adapt to the coworking lifestyle, you will find it very easy to travel between locations and even adapt to the life of a digital nomad. You will no longer feel the need to rely on your comfort zone. The world is your oyster with coworking spaces!
Coworking: The Future of Work?
Coworking has become an increasingly popular way to work for hundreds of freelancers, startups and remote workers around Ireland. Coworking spaces such as Iconic Offices, The 059 in Carlow, The Guinness Enterprise Centre, Hatch Labs in Gorey, the Ludgate Hub in Cork and over 100 others around Ireland, have all revolutionised the way people work. Shopify, for example, is a 100% work-from-home business with many of its employees opting to use coworking spaces in lieu of a home office. Check out our list of the Top 50 SmartWorking Companies to find out who else is coworking.
At present, twenty-one of Ireland’s thirty-two counties are home to over 100 coworking spaces, while there is believed to be over 12,000 in the UK, and the numbers are growing. Our partners at Vodafone introduced their Siro initiative to bring 1GB fibre broadband to fifteen regional businesses as part of their Gigabit Hub Initiative – paving the way towards a more digitally-driven future.
At Abodoo, we are working hard to create a list of all Irish coworking spaces and hubs for our clients’ and customers’ convenience. If you are a prospective coworking operator and would like to be included in our list, get in touch today, we’d love to hear from you!
So, does the thought of working in a fully bespoke office environment sound good to you?
Register with Abodoo today to get matched with hundreds of wonderful SmartWorking opportunities.
Happy #InternationalCoworkingDay everyone!